Gluten Free Almond and Lemon Meringue Roulade.
You can have Gluten Free Almond and Lemon Meringue Roulade using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gluten Free Almond and Lemon Meringue Roulade
- You need of large egg whites.
- You need of caster sugar.
- Prepare of almond extract.
- It’s of white wine vinegar.
- You need of ground almond.
- Prepare of double cream.
- Prepare of icing sugar.
- Prepare of lemon curd.
- Prepare of toasted flaked almond.
- Prepare of Decoration:.
- It’s of strawberries, halved.
Gluten Free Almond and Lemon Meringue Roulade step by step
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and line a Swiss roll tin (about 23 x 30cm) with baking parchment..
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff. Slowly add the sugar, still whisking, until stiff and glossy..
- Fold in the almond extract, vinegar and ground almonds until lightly incorporated. Pour into the Swiss roll tin and smooth over, tapping the tin to remove any big air bubbles..
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until the top is golden and feels firm and set. Remove from oven, cover with baking parchment and a damp tea towel. Leave to cool..
- To serve, whip the cream until thick. Spoon a third into a piping bag and set aside. Invert the roulade onto a large sheet of baking parchment sprinkled with icing sugar. Carefully peel off lining paper and spread over the lemon curd, then spread over the rest of the cream..
- Roll up carefully, using the paper to help you. Pipe the remaining cream on top of the roulade, and decorate with flaked almonds and strawberry halves..