CARROT_BARFI. Carrot Burfi or carrot fudge is a classic Indian dessert made with carrot and milk. This burfi is packed with all the goodness of carrots. Carrot burfi is made with grated carrot, coconut, sugar as main ingredients.
Heat it to dry, stirring continuously. In a cooking pan, combine Grated Carrots and milk. Carrot burfi recipe is the modified version of the popular gajar ka halwa. You can cook CARROT_BARFI using 9 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of CARROT_BARFI
- You need 1 tablespoon of ghee (clarified butter).
- You need 225 grams of carrots about 2 cups grated carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk powder or 50 to 55 grams milk powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar or 35 to 45 grams sugar or add as required.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 10 of unsalted pistachios, sliced or any other dry fruits (optional.
- It’s pinch of Saffron.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ghee for greasing pan or tray or plate.
- It’s 4 of chandi warq.
This gajar ki burfi is made with condensed milk, khoya, cream, and carrot. Method for making carrot barfi, prepared by cooking grated carrots in milk, is same to that of making Ingredients for Carrot Burfi Recipe. Carrot Barfi is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Dessert. Carrot burfi is perfect for special occasions.
CARROT_BARFI step by step
- #step 1 *grating carrots rinse, peel and then grate grams carrots..
- #step 2 * in cup measurement, you will need 2 cups grated carrots..
- #step3 *grease a pan or tray with 1/2 to 1 tsp ghee and keep aside..
- #Making_carrot_barfi *then in a kadai or thick bottomed pan, melt 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)..
- Add the grated carrots. mix very well..
- Then on a low to medium flame, with frequent stirring saute the carrots till they are almost cooked..
- Takes about 10 to 12 minutes on a low to medium flame..
- Then add 1 cup milk powder. mix the milk powder with the carrots very well. saute for a minute..
- Then add sugar and cardamom powder..
- Mix the sugar and cardamom powder with the rest of the ingredients very well..
- The mixture will loosen up as the sugar melts..
- Continue to saute with frequent stirrings for about 7 to 9 minutes on a low to medium flame..
- Add Saffron *when the mixture thickens and reduces, it's time to switch off the flame and pour the mixture in the greased pan..
- A test is to take a small mixture and cool it. then roll into a small ball. it should easily form a ball. *immediately, pour the carrot barfi mixture in the greased pan and with a spatula or spoon smoothen the top part..
- Stick chandi warq on top.
- Cut in to picese and sprincl some crushed almond…
- Serve it hot or cool as ur choice.
Carrot is used in India not only as a vegetable, but to prepare some relishing sweet dishes also. The carrot barfi or gajar barfi is the lovechild of a barfi and gajar ka halwa. And what's not to like about that? Follow this recipe to make some supremely delicious carrot barfi at home! Carrots are always good for the eye.