Cute Rabbit Steamed Buns for Cherry Blossom Viewing.
You can have Cute Rabbit Steamed Buns for Cherry Blossom Viewing using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cute Rabbit Steamed Buns for Cherry Blossom Viewing
- Prepare of For the dough:.
- You need 40 grams of Japanese yam.
- You need 1 of roughly 55 grams Joshinko.
- It’s 1 of Joshinko (for dusting).
- You need 80 grams of Powdered sugar (sifted).
- It’s 1 dash of Red food coloring.
- Prepare of For the sweet potato filling:.
- It’s 100 grams of Sweet potato.
- Prepare 20 grams of Condensed milk.
- Prepare 10 grams of Sugar (white sugar would have a prettier finish).
- It’s 5 grams of Butter.
- It’s of For the purple sweet potato filling:.
- Prepare 100 grams of Purple sweet potato.
- Prepare 20 grams of Condensed Milk.
- It’s 10 grams of Sugar (white sugar would have a prettier finish).
- You need 5 grams of Butter.
- You need 10 of flowers Cherry Mochi Flowers.
- It’s 1 dash of Melted chocolate or a deco pen.
Cute Rabbit Steamed Buns for Cherry Blossom Viewing instructions
- Make the Cherry Mochi Flowers..
- Sweet potato filling: Steam and strain the sweet potatoes. While they are hot, add the butter, sugar, condensed milk and mix. If the filling is too loose, evaporate the moisture by microwaving it..
- Purple sweet potato filling: Make the filling in the same way as the sweet potato filling. If the filling is too dry, add milk or fresh cream (not listed)..
- Cool the fillings and divide into 5 portions each. Roll into balls (each should be about 25 g)..
- Batter: Grate the Japanese yam in a mortar and add the powdered sugar in 3 parts. Incorporate air as you grate with a pestle to make a fluffy batter..
- Put the joshinko into a bowl and Step 5 on top. Fold and knead the flour into the batter. Add flour until the batter is firm like an earlobe..
- Divide the batter into 2 and add the red food coloring to one (dissolve powdered red coloring with water). Rub the coloring into the batter to add the color..
- Divide the two differently colored batters into 5 and round into balls (each ball should be roughly 17 g). If they stick together, coat your hands in joshinko. Cover with cling film..
- Shape: Stretch the batter and cover the sweet potato filling in the white batter. Cover the purple sweet potato filling with the pink batter..
- Steam: Wrap the lid of the steamer with a dish cloth. Place the buns on a sheet of parchment paper and steam for about 9 minutes at medium-high heat..
- Once the steamed buns have cooled, lightly cook the bottom of the steamed buns with an electric griddle at 180°C. This will prevent sticking when you lay the buns on a plate..
- Add the design. Heat a metal skewer or similar utensil and press into the steamed buns to draw the ears and mouth..
- Dip the reverse end of a toothpick into red food coloring (dissolve powdered coloring with water). Draw the eyes onto the steamed buns with the toothpick..
- Stick the Cherry Mochi Flowers onto the ear glued with melted chocolate or a deco pen and you're finished!.
- They look like this when you split them in half..