Mocha Baguette with Homemade Bread Starter.
You can have Mocha Baguette with Homemade Bread Starter using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mocha Baguette with Homemade Bread Starter
- You need of Type 55 baguette flour (I used Lys d'Or brand).
- You need of Homemade natural yeast starter.
- It’s of Sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Water (lukewarm water in the winter).
- It’s of Instant coffee.
- Prepare of Cocoa powder (sweetened).
- It’s of Mikan peel.
Mocha Baguette with Homemade Bread Starter instructions
- Dissolve the coffee in lukewarm water. Put all of the ingredients except for the mikan peel in the bread maker, and start the kneading course..
- After about 5 minutes, when the dough starts to come together, add the mikan peel, then knead for about 2 more minutes. (Turn off to add the peels, then switch back on.).
- Place the ball of dough inside a bowl lightly coated with oil, then let sit until tripled in size (1st proofing). (See picture.).
- Divide the dough into 4 portions, then let sit for 20 minutes. If you have a canvas cloth to use as a baking couche, place the portions of dough on top, and let it rise for a 2nd time..
- If you don't have a cloth, dust a sheet of parchment paper with flour and place the portions of dough on top. Fold the paper so that it forms 'walls' between the portions of bread so that they don't touch each other..
- When they have increased to 1.5 times its original size, it's done rising..
- Preheat oven on the highest setting with the oven tray inside. Slash the tops of the baguettes, mist with water, then bake for 9 minutes at 230°C, reduce heat to 210°C, then bake for another 15 minutes..