Soft Chocolate Steamed Bread.
You can cook Soft Chocolate Steamed Bread using 4 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soft Chocolate Steamed Bread
- You need 30 of to 35 grams Chocolate bar.
- You need 50 ml of or 55 grams Heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 of Egg.
- You need 100 grams of Pancake mix.
Soft Chocolate Steamed Bread instructions
- Break up the chocolate with your hands, and put into a large heatproof bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave (about 1 minute at 500w). In the summer, microwave it for a bit less time..
- When the chocolate is melted, add the cream and mix with a whisk..
- Add the beaten egg and mix well..
- Add the pancake mix and mix well. It's a pretty stiff batter..
- Use a spoon to fill the aluminium foil cups evenly..
- Put about 1cm of water in a frying pan, and put in the filled cups from step 5. Start heating. When the water comes to a boil, cover with a lid, turn the heat down to low, and steam for 10 minutes..
- If a skewer inserted into the middle of one comes out clean, they're done!.
- I use both aluminium and plastic cups. The batter is quite stiff so you can make it with aluminium cups only, but when the batter rises, the foil can spread out and the batter may run. So using rigid plastic cups prevents that..
- This is optional, but if you cover the lid with a kitchen towel when steaming, you don't have to worry about condensation dripping on the bread..
- I chopped up some chocolate (not listed in ingredients) and mixed them into the batter..
- I tried making a white chocolate version..
- Put 1/3 of the batter in a mug, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and microwave – 1 minute at 500W. Since the edges cook slower than the middle, stick a skewer in near the edge, and if the batter is still uncooked, microwave for an additional 10 seconds. Repeat if needed. It has a different texture from the steamed version, but it's so easy to make..
- Try adding 1 1/2 heaping teaspoons of matcha to the white chocolate batter, and add chopped chocolate (not listed) I love this combination..
- When melting the chocolate, if you heat it for too long you may burn it. Try microwaving it for a short time, and adding more time as needed..