Butternut squash Thai red curry soup. Curried butternut soup has been on my list of recipes to conquer for a while and I just couldn't resist seasoning it with red Thai curry paste like I did for my sweet potato soup. I added some other Thai flavors to round it out, like cilantro and toasted coconut flakes. The soup is really creamy yet very light.
A creamy, dreamy, coconut thai butternut squash red curry perfect for weeknight dinners. Ultra delicious Thai inspired butternut squash red curry that is creamy, spicy, rich, and comforting! The sweet butternut squash pairs beautifully with all the red curry spices. You can have Butternut squash Thai red curry soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash Thai red curry soup
- Prepare of roasted butternut squash.
- It’s of big onion, thinking slice.
- It’s of Leftover cauliflower and cabbage in the fridge.
- It’s of Leftover red curry sauce (you can use 2 tbsp of red curry and 1 tin coconut milk£.
- Prepare of coconut milk.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of Roasted sweet potato diced.
- It’s of sweet potato.
- You need of curry powder.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of cooking oil.
So I generally wait to save those recipes, like this Thai Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup, for days when I'll be home alone and don't have to It also happens to be a vegan recipe (as long as you make sure that your Thai red curry paste is vegan-friendly- I personally use Thai Kitchen brand. I swapped green curry for Thai red curry paste, because I wanted a little bit of a kick and a vibrant orange color. I burned my butternut squash seeds The roasted butternut squash already has a lovely natural sweetness to it which balances nicely against the spicy Thai red curry, creamy coconut. This Thai-style butternut squash soup made with coconut milk is soothing and flavorful, and the heat from the ginger and spices will warm you right up.
Butternut squash Thai red curry soup step by step
- Heat up saucepan medium heat, add vegetable cooking oil, then add onion in. Once your onion soften up add the cauliflower and cabbage in l. Let it cook for 10-15 min..
- Roast half of butternut squash in medium heat oven for 50 min. Scoop out your butternut meat and add that into to soup. Add thai red curry sauce and coconut milk in. Stir well..
- Use hand blend and blend everything until all lovely and smooth..
- Coated your sweet potato in curry powder, vegetable cooking oil and salt and pepper. Roast your sweet potato in oven for 15-20 until they cooked.
- Serve up with a splash of cream or sour cream if prefer.
Curried Butternut Squash Soup – Add a tablespoon of curry powder in place of the red curry paste. Coconut Butternut Squash Soup – Add more coconut milk to this recipe, about one Spicy Butternut Squash Soup – Increase the amount of red curry paste and add chili flakes to your taste while serving. Turn off oven, blend with an immersion. Not even sure how that is possible considering that last year I definitely shared soup with my invisible internet friends almost once a week. Thai butternut squash curry also known as Fug-Tong-Gaeng-Dang is fresh tasting, easy to cook mid-week comforting curry.