16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style. Vegan Thai green curry is a classic Thai crowd pleaser prepared without any animal products yet with the depth of flavour of the original. Meanwhile, here is my take on Thai green curry. I've had trouble finding fish-less green curry paste so I've decided to make my own, especially that things like.
We once took a holiday where the only vegan thing available to eat was vegan Thai green curry. So we pretty much ate nothing but green curry. This vegan Thai green curry is rich, creamy and full of bold flavours. You can have 16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style
- You need of For the paste.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 1 of thumb sized turmeric root.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of shrimp paste (leave out if vegan).
- It’s 2 of Thai green chillies (or more if you like it hot).
- You need 2 inch (5 cm) of piece of galangal or ginger.
- You need 2 sticks of lemongrass, outer tough leaves removed.
- Prepare 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 4 of spring onions.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- It’s 1 of onion peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 4 tbsps of coconut milk from a 14oz (400ml) can.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of oil – cold-pressed rapeseed with lemongrass, ginger and chilli.
- You need 2 of medium onions, peeled and finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed.
- You need 1/2 of aubergine, cubed.
- You need of remainder of the can of coconut milk.
- It’s 4 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 40 g of cashew nuts.
- You need 1/2 (1 bunch) of coriander.
- Prepare of juice of 1/2 lime.
- It’s of To serve.
- It’s of Jasmine rice.
For this Thai green curry, I experimented with frying in coconut milk for the first time. To do this you heat high-fat coconut milk/coconut cream over high heat until it bubbles and the clear coconut oil separates from the white. We have been hooked on this recipe because it's SO easy to make and great to make in large batches to meal prep for the week. Try our super quick vegan Thai green curry with butternut squash.
16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style instructions
- Roughly chop all the ingredients for the paste and place in a pestle and mortar and bash away. Add 4 tablespoons of the coconut milk and continue to grind until you have a paste. If pounding isn't your thing, place in a food processor and blend..
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large pan and saute the onions for 3-4 minutes until soft..
- Add the sweet potato and aubergine chunks and cook for a further 5 minutes until they start to soften..
- Add the paste and continue to cook for 5 minutes..
- Add the lime leaves and the coconut milk and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are soft..
- Roughly chop the cashew nuts and coriander and add to the sauce with a squeeze of lime..
- Serve with jasmine rice..
Creamy, delicately spiced Thai-style curry is a crowd-pleaser. Making vegan Thai green curry is so easy. First, start by whipping up the ingredients for the curry paste in the food processor. A scrumptious, rich, and creamy vegan Thai green curry made easy with fresh aromatics and colorful veggies. Make sure you cook extra because the dish is so addictive!