Vegan thai red curry. This Thai red curry recipe is so easy to make at home! It's much tastier than takeout and healthier, too. This recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten free for all to enjoy.
I've used supermarket red curry paste and it seems I have to use the whole jar before the dish tastes like a Thai red curry dish. This Vegan Thai Red Curry tastes better than anything you'd get from a restaurant, and is totally customizable depending on what vegetables you have on hand. Is there anything more cozy than a big bowl of curry? You can cook Vegan thai red curry using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan thai red curry
- Prepare of oil.
- It’s of medium onion, halved and thinly sliced.
- Prepare of medium bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, thinly sliced.
- You need of medium potato, diced.
- It’s of vegetable broth.
- It’s of coconut milk.
- You need of medium diced fire-roasted tomatoes.
- You need of red curry paste (recipe mentioned below).
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of minced ginger.
- You need of small head of cauliflower, cut into florets.
- You need of carrot, cut into slices.
- Prepare of cabbage, finely chopped.
- Prepare of corn (optional).
- Prepare of large lime, juiced.
- Prepare of Thai basil leaves, for garnish.
- Prepare of cooked rice.
- You need of each cumin and coriander seeds.
- You need of dry red spur chiles.
- Prepare of white pepper corns.
- You need of fresh coriander roots.
- You need of sliced lemongrass.
- It’s of Salt.
Don't just make a vegan curry, make an AWESOME vegan curry! In this video I share with you my tricks and tips on how to maximize the umami in red curry without a drop of fish sauce! This vegan Thai red curry is rich and creamy and deliciously spiced. Perfect for a fancy dinner or an easy weeknight meal.
Vegan thai red curry step by step
- For making red curry paste : Add dried red chillies, 1 onion, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tbsp lemon juice, lemongrass, 1 tsp pepper, coriander roots, coriander and cumin seeds, salt, lemon zest in the food processor and make a smooth paste. Keep it aside to be used later..
- Heat over medium-high heat in a large skillet or saute pan. Add the onion and cook 5-8 minutes or until beginning to soften..
- Add the bell pepper, cabbage and potatoes and cook 2-3 minutes..
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, tomatoes, red curry paste, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil..
- Add the cauliflower florets. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8-10 minutes..
- Add the carrots and corns. Cook another 5 minutes..
- Add 1 tbsp lime juice..
- Garnish with fresh Thai basil leaves.
- Serve with cooked rice..
A good vegan Thai red curry is one of our all-time favorite things to eat. Well, Thailand itself is one of our favorite places in the world as a holiday destination, we've been there at. Vegan Thai red curry is a veggie take on this popular crowd pleaser! It's easy to make and delicious, naturally gluten-free too. So on the menu today is another Thai restaurant classic – Thai red curry bursting with a variety of vegetables, which you should feel free to swap for anything you have handy.