Chicken Kofta Curry. Chicken kofta curry – A delicious dish made with minced chicken, ginger, garlic, cilantro, red chili powder, turmeric and then steam cooked in a spicy curry. A hearty curry made with a perfect blend. Chicken Kofta Curry recipe one of the beloved foodies of Pakistan and it is something that nobody can resist.
This is the recipe that everyone would die to try out. This delicious Chicken Kofta Curry is one of the best kofta recipes that you can enjoy with rumali or butter roti. It is a traditional dish taken from the Mughlai cuisine which is full of flavours. You can cook Chicken Kofta Curry using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Kofta Curry
- Prepare of For the koftas:.
- Prepare 500 g of chicken or turkey mince.
- You need of small handful of shredded fresh coriander.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- You need 1/2 of red onion finely diced.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove minced.
- It’s of salt and pepper for seasoning.
- You need of For the curry sauce:.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 1 of pepper sliced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of garam masala.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- You need 2 of x 400g can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 200 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 80 ml of dairy free cream.
- Prepare of salt and pepper for seasoning.
Chicken Kofta Curry step by step
- To make the meatballs: Preheat the oven to 180 oC and line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or tinfoil In a large bowl combine all the kofta ingredients Shape into 12 koftas and place on the baking sheet Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes.
- To make the sauce: Place the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat Add in the garlic, garam masala, turmeric and chilli flakes Cook for a couple of minute Stir in the onions and peppers and saute for 5 minutes Pour in the chicken stock and chopped tomatoes Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes Stir in the dairy free cream, chicken koftas and season to taste Divide between four bowls and serve with rice.
The chicken makes a nice change from the usual lamb mince used to make koftas. Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu! In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful I haven't shared a curry recipe since last year. Chicken pieces are cooked in an aromatic, deliciously seasoned curry sauce then it's finished off with cream for richness and cilantro for color and freshness. Chicken Kofta Curry Recipe, Sabji, How To Make Chicken Kofta Curry Recipe.