Thai Red Curry Paste (Can be made in a processor too!).
You can have Thai Red Curry Paste (Can be made in a processor too!) using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Red Curry Paste (Can be made in a processor too!)
- You need of coriander seeds.
- It’s of black pepper corns.
- It’s of cumin seeds or ground cumin.
- It’s of lemon grass stalks.
- You need of large knob of ginger finally gratedy.
- It’s of red chillis (can be more).
- Prepare of large knob of ginger.
- You need of limes juice and grated rind.
- You need of large garlic cloves bashed and skin removed.
Thai Red Curry Paste (Can be made in a processor too!) step by step
- Heat a small frying pan to a medium high heat throw in the seeds and toast carefully. (I didn’t have cumin seeds, so I threw in the cumin a bit later on so it wouldn’t burn). Once you have released the flavour set aside to cool..
- Now next throw the toasted seeds in a pestle and mortar or a blender, crush or blitz away until into a fine crumb..
- Next bash and chop the lemongrass..
- Slice the chillis..
- Grate the ginger..
- Next grate the skin off the limes and squeeze in the juice into the spice mixture..
- Now bash the garlic, remove the skins..
- Put all of these ingredients into the spice and lime, now bash or blitz away, until a finer paste, it still has texture though..
- That’s it done use for whatever you want, it’s just delicious brushed onto meats and tofu with a drizzle of oil and roasted in the oven. Enjoy 😊.