Larb chicken in lettuce cups. Larb Gai, Laab Gai, Lahb Gai, Laap Gai…….searching for a recipe like this where the name has been interpreted Thai Lettuce Wraps are a celebration of fresh flavours and textures. The perfect balance of sweet Like many South East Asian dishes, these Thai Lettuce Cups are about fresh flavours. Today we're sharing Jaden's fabulous, repeat-fabulous, Thai larb lettuce cups.
Known as the national dish of Laos, larb is a minced meat salad often paired with a side of sticky rice. Arrange the lettuce leaves on one end of a serving platter and transfer your protein to the other end. Top the protein with the tomato and mint and invite everyone to assemble their own lettuce cups. You can cook Larb chicken in lettuce cups using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Larb chicken in lettuce cups
- You need of toasted rice power.
- It’s of chilli flakes.
- It’s of minced chicken.
- You need of fish sauce.
- It’s of shallots finely chopped.
- It’s of lime (juice about 3 tbsp).
- It’s of baby tomato chopped finely.
- You need of mint leaves.
- Prepare of Baby Gem lettuces, leaves separated.
Chill the lettuce cups in refrigerator until ready to serve. (If using butter lettuce, you won't have any issues pulling apart the leaves so this step is not The Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups were absolutely outstanding. I followed the recipe exactly, and I wouldn't change a thing. The blend of flavors in the. The bright and exotic flavors of easy chicken larb recipe are such a welcome change from the usual dinner recipe rotation.
Larb chicken in lettuce cups instructions
- Chop tomato, shallots, cut lime to wedges size. Leave aside.
- Mince the chicken breasts into tiny pieces..
- Pour ½ of water in the small saucepan, heat the water up on high heat..
- Adding the minced chicken, break up ant lumps and stir well. Then add chilli flakes and toasted rice powder. Stir-fry the chicken for 4 mins then Remove from the heat..
- Add shallots, lime juice and fish sauce, stirring, then add the chopped tomato.
- Toss in the mint leaves. Serve with the lettuces and other salad veg and a lime wedge on the side..
- (You can buy this toasted rice powder (Khao Khua) from most Asian grocery shops. To make toasted rice powder, heat a wok or pan over high heat. Add raw rice (2-3 tsp) and cook, stirring often, until rice is toasted and dark brown, but not black, 3 to 5 minutes. To grind the rice into powder, you can either do it by hand using a mortar and pestle, or you can grind it in a food processor or blender. The toasted rice powder will give you the nuttiest favour.).
Cook, stirring often, for a couple of minutes before adding the chicken mince and carrot. Stir to break up the mince. This spicy ground-chicken dish is known as larb in Laos and Thailand. It's often served over lettuce, cabbage, or vegetables, with steamed sticky rice. Serve with the lettuce leaves on the side to use as cups for the chicken.