Authentic Pad Thai.
You can cook Authentic Pad Thai using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Authentic Pad Thai
- It’s of Sauce:.
- It’s of light brown sugar,.
- It’s of tamarind paste or rice vinegar,.
- You need of fish sauce or Thai Taste – Vegan 'Fish' Sauce.
- You need of dark soy sauce.
- It’s of Pad Thai:.
- It’s of Instant rice noodles (Mama brand).
- You need of king prawns / sliced mushrooms,.
- It’s of Thai red chilli flakes or normal chilli flakes (use less for mild),.
- Prepare of spring onions roughly chopped,.
- It’s of English shallot, sliced,.
- It’s of eggs whisked (you can omit this to make it vegan),.
- Prepare of oil (we recommend peanut oil),.
- You need of beansprouts,.
- It’s of garlic cloves, crushed,.
- Prepare of Tofu:.
- You need of crushed peanuts,.
- Prepare of tofu drained, pressed and cut into 1 inch cubes,.
- Prepare of lime, juiced.
- Prepare of Freshly cracked black pepper,.
- It’s of cornflour.
- It’s of Garnish Examples: Handful of chopped coriander,1 spring onion chopped, lime wedges.
Authentic Pad Thai step by step
- Soak noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes until soft, drain the water..
- Make pad thai sauce by placing ingredients in a small saucpan over a low/medium heat. Once the sauce thickens, add 1 tbsp of water, mix and set aside..
- In a seperate bowl, add the cornflour and black pepper and mix, add the tofu until pieces are coated..
- In a wok on a medium heat, add 1 Tbsp oil, garlic, chilli flakes and prawns (or mushrooms), spring onions, shallot and tofu. Cook for 4 minutes or until tofu is slightly browned on all sides. Set aside on a seperate plate..
- Add 1 Tbsp oil in the wok, add whisked eggs and mix until cooked/resembles scrambled eggs (if you are vegan go to step 6).
- Add drained noodles, beansprouts and sauce and toss until egg and sauce coats the noodles,.
- After 5 minutes add prawns/mushrooms/tofu mixture, 2-3 Tbsp of crushed peanuts and lime juice, toss for a final time.
- Serve immediately and garnish..