You can cook Pad Thai using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pad Thai
- Prepare of tamarind paste.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- It’s of palm sugar.
- You need of thai soy sauce.
- You need of water.
- It’s of rice stick noodles.
- It’s of egg.
- You need of protein (chicken, tofu, shrimp, other seafood).
- Prepare of fresh or thai pickled carrot.
- Prepare of Bean sprouts.
- It’s of Garlic chives.
- It’s of Crushed peanuts.
Pad Thai step by step
- Sauce: Combine ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Strain. Adjust sweetness, saltiness and texture with sugar, fish sauce and water. Makes sauce for 4-6 servings. Can be kept refrigerated at least a couple of weeks..
- Cut the chives to the same length as the bean sprouts..
- Heat a wok on high heat and add some peanut oil..
- Crack in the egg on one side of the pan, breaking the yolk..
- Add the protein on the side of the egg and stir fry while the egg cooks..
- Add the carrot and stir fry briefly, before breaking up the egg and stir frying everything in the pan together..
- Add the noodles, stir-fry briefly, then pour in the sauce and stir-fry until the sauce is evenly distributed and the noodles are cooked through adding some water if it becomes too dry..
- Add the bean sprouts, peanuts and chives and stir fry for a few moments..
- Serve with fresh coriander, crushed peanuts, chilli flakes, sugar, soy sauce and fish sauce on the side as condiments..