Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns.
You can have Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns
- You need of rice noodles.
- You need of cooking oil.
- You need of eggs.
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of shallot, finely sliced.
- You need of pack of beans sprouts.
- You need of king prawns.
- It’s of spring onion or chinese chives, chopped about 4cm long.
- It’s of Crushed peanut (optition).
- Prepare of lime/lemon.
- You need of chilli flakes.
- Prepare of Padthai sauce.
- It’s of palm sugar or brown sugar.
- You need of tamarind paste.
- You need of fishsauce.
- It’s of soysauce.
- It’s of 1/2 cup water.
Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns step by step
- Soak the noodles in a large bowl with hot water. Leave it for about 10 min so they start to soften..
- Mix the Padthai sauce base together in a small saucepan. Heat on medium heat until sugar dissolve and sauce become a little thicker. Add some water and let it simmer for a few minutes..
- On a big pan or wok, medium heat, add cooking oil in, garlic and finely sliced shallots, stir well.
- Add your meat (in this recipe I use prawns) into the wok. Cook for 1 or 2 minute until the meat cooked through. Remove them to a plate. Leave it aside.
- Add noodle into the same pan along with Padthai sauce, put 1-2 crushed peanut in, add some fish sauce or sugar or tamarind if needed and taste. Padthai should taste sweet, sour, salty and nutty. Stir well for about 10-15 min or until noodles cooked through..
- Move your noodles on one side of the wok, add 1 tbsp of cooking oil and add some eggs in. Leave eggs to cook through for a few minutes before mix through with the noodles..
- Add prawns (or hard tofu) back in the pan. Stir well, then add half of bean sprouts, spring onion or chinese chive and crushed peanut if you prefer..
- Serve this delicious Padthai noodles with a wedge of lime and chilli flakes. You can have bean sprouts on the side too for an extra crunch..