You can have Pad Thai using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pad Thai
- You need of Dry ‘Pad Thai’ Rice Noodles.
- You need of Eggs.
- Prepare of Prawns, Squid, Chicken, Pork OR Firm Tofu 500g in total.
- Prepare of Onion *OR Shallots 2 to 3.
- It’s of Garlic *finely chopped.
- You need of small piece Ginger *finely chopped.
- It’s of Red Chilli *OR 1/2 teaspoon Dry Chilli Flakes.
- It’s of Bean Sprouts.
- You need of cupful Spring Onion / Garlic Chives.
- Prepare of Canola Oil for cooking.
- You need of Coriander Leaves for serving.
- It’s of Chopped Toasted Peanuts.
- Prepare of Lime *cut into wedges.
- Prepare of <Sauce>.
- Prepare of Tamarind Paste *OR Lime/Lemon Juice, Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare of Fish Sauce.
- Prepare of Soy Saucer *optional.
- Prepare of Water.
Pad Thai instructions
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl..
- Prepare the proteins and vegetables. They will be cooked with the noodles, so I recommend to thinly slice the meat, tofu, onions. Lightly whisk the eggs in a separate bowl..
- Now you can start to prepare the noodles. Place noodles in a large bowl, pour over plenty of boiling water and soak for 5 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water, and drain again. *Note: Do not make them absolutely soft at this stage..
- Add 1 tablespoon Oil to the heated wok or a very large frying pan, cook Eggs like scrambled egg and transfer to a plate. Add a little more Oil, cook Chicken or Pork (or other meat), if you use any, and Onion (Shallots), Garlic, Ginger and Chilli, then add Prawns or Squid (or other seafood), if you use any, and stir-fry until almost cooked through..
- Bring back the scrambles egg to the wok. Then add Bean Sprouts, Tofu, if you use it, and the noodles, then the sauce..
- Toss gently for about 1 minute, then add Spring Onion or Garlic Chives. Toss to combine then remove from heat..
- Sprinkled with Peanuts, Coriander Leaves and extra Chilli only if you like them, and serve with Lime wedges..