My Mongolian Beef 🤩. This Mongolian Beef recipe is a crispy homemade version that's less sweet and more flavorful than most. It's one of our top recipes for a reason! Mongolian Beef is a recipe that I've been cooking for clients for many years for a number of reasons.
This easy Mongolian beef recipe is better than Chinese takeout and PF Chang's. The dish is named "Mongolian Beef" after the cooking style, rather than its origin. Mongolian Beef is actually a stir fry dish that originated in Taiwan. You can have My Mongolian Beef 🤩 using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Mongolian Beef 🤩
- Prepare 1 lb of Flank Steak cut into strips.
- You need 2 tsp of Cornstarch/flour.
- It’s 1 tbls of Oil veg or olive oil.
- Prepare 5 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- It’s of 1 Jalapeno seeded and sliced.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger peeled and sliced.
- You need 3 of Scallions thinly sliced.
- It’s of For the Sauce………
- It’s 1/2 cup of light Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cornstarch.
Its a chinese-american restaurant dish made up of sticky slices of beef which have been previously fried in oil to crisp them Apart from the taste, Mongolian Beef also works well at Dinner Parties. You can actually prepare everything earlier in the day, then simply combine. My Mongolian beef recipe takes this restaurant classic and makes it totally achievable at home, including my tips for how to make a tender beef stir-fry! Forget the fast food–this take on Mongolian Beef delivers all the flavor without the insane sodium and fat levels.
My Mongolian Beef 🤩 step by step
- Add the steak to a bowl with the 2 tsp cornstarch and set aside..
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat the pan over a medium heat then add the oil to grease the bottom. Next add the chopped jalapenos and ginger cook for a few moments stirring continuously..
- Add Garlic and beef strips cook until the beef browns about 5 minutes stirring often.
- Stir the sauce and pour into the pan with beef stir until all is covered with the sticky sauce. Let simmer for a minute until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat stir in the scallions and serve over Rice..
- Serve over boiled Rice..
This vibrant, Asian-inspired dish brings just the right amount of spice to the plate. But to make it a bit more kid-friendly and eliminate the heat altogether, just leave out the chile paste. Mongolian Beef is a Chinese-American (or American-Chinese) dish consisting of beef coated with a savory brown sauce that includes hoisin (usually), soy sauce, and chili peppers (or something spicy), plus some other additions. Usually there is some sweetness added as well, here brown sugar. Mongolian beef recipe 蒙古牛肉 with video demonstration.