“Fake out” Pad Thai.
You can cook “Fake out” Pad Thai using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of “Fake out” Pad Thai
- Prepare of shrimp.
- Prepare of chicken tenders chopped.
- You need of sesame oil.
- Prepare of Ginger grated.
- Prepare of Scallions chopped.
- It’s of firm tofu rinsed and drained.
- It’s of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare of sambal.
- It’s of liquid aminos (or soy sauce).
- It’s of brown sugar.
- It’s of rice vinegar.
- You need of ponzu sauce.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- It’s of eggs lightly beaten.
- Prepare of shitake mushrooms.
- It’s of Shredded cabbage, carrots, red cabbage.
- It’s of Peas.
- Prepare of pad Thai noodles or linguine noodles.
- It’s of jalapeños diced.
- You need of chopped peanuts.
- It’s of Limes.
“Fake out” Pad Thai step by step
- If using rice stick noodles, soak in cold water for 30 minutes. Cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and mix with a little olive oil to prevent sticking..
- Add ginger 1/2 the garlic, scallion, liquid aminos, ponzu to a small bowl. Split the mixture in half. Whisk in a little cornstarch to one bowl and add chicken to marinate. Marinate chicken for 30 minutes. To the second bowl whisk in the brown sugar and Sambal. Set aside..
- Add a tablespoon of sesame oil to a wok or large frying pan. Add the remaining ginger and garlic along with a diced jalapeño. Sauté until garlic begins to brown and add shrimp that you already seasoned with salt and pepper. Stir fry shrimp And tofu for a few minutes.. transfer to a dish..
- Add a tablespoon of sesame oil to hot wok and add marinated chicken. Keep heat fairly high to stir fry chicken. Add chicken to plate with the shrimp and tofu..
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil and garlic and grated ginger to the wok. Brown garlic and add cabbage/carrot mixture. Add sliced shiitake mushrooms. Toss to combine. Add frozen peas..
- Add the beaten eggs to the veggie mixture. Allow egg to set before mixing..
- Add remaining liquid ingredients. Transfer the chicken and shrimp back into the wok. Raise the heat and stir to mix. Add noddles and mix. You may need to add liquid aminos and extra ponzu at this point. You can also add a splash of chicken or vegetable broth to the sauce..
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and top with chopped peanuts or nut mixture. Garnish with quartered limes if desired..