Tom Yum Goong.
You can cook Tom Yum Goong using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tom Yum Goong
- Prepare of head on shrimp.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of lemongrass.
- It’s of galangal (white ginger).
- Prepare of large kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare of Thai chili in oil sauce.
- You need of birds eye chilis to taste.
- You need of fish sauce.
- It’s of straw mushrooms.
- You need of limes.
Tom Yum Goong step by step
- Shell and devein shrimp. Saute the shells and heads in a large pot for 10 minutes.
- Deglaze pot with 4 cups of water and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove shells and shrimp heads..
- Slice lemongrass and pound with the side of a knife. Roughly tear kaffir lime leaves. Add galangal, lemongrass, and leaves to the soup. Simmer for 5 minutes..
- Crush chilis and add to soup. Remove seeds if less spiciness is desired.
- Add mushrooms and simmer until cooked..
- Add chili paste and fish sauce. Stir to combine, then add shrimp. Only cook for about 30 seconds..
- Squeeze lime juice into cooling soup. Serve by itself, or over rice or noodles..