You can have Pad Thai using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pad Thai
- It’s of FOR THE SAUCE:.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of tamarind concentrate/paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sambal Oelek (chili sauce).
- It’s 1/3 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of fresh black pepper.
- You need of ————————————-.
- It’s of FOR THE NOODLES.
- It’s 8 oz of Thai rice noodles.
- You need 2 large of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s of Vegetable oil, for stir-frying.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 cup of fresh bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced carrots, for garnish.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded red cabbage, for garnish.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cilantro leaves, for garnish.
- You need 1/4 cup of sliced scallions, for garnish.
- You need 1/3 cup of roughly chopped peanuts, for garnish.
- Prepare of Lime wedges, for garnish.
Pad Thai step by step
- It's important to bring the sauce to a boil so that it will thicken enough as it cooks with the noodles. make sure you have all of your ingredients prepped and ready to go before you start cooking. This is a fast recipe that comes together in less than 10 minutes once the garlic hits the pan..
- Make the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the tamarind concentrate with 1/2 cup warm water. Whisk in the remaining sauce ingredients. Set aside..
- Make the noodles:.
- Fill a large pot with hot water. Add the rice noodles and cover the pot, allowing them to soak and soften for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they're barely al dente. (Alternately, cook the noodles according to the package instructions.) The noodles will be stir-fried so do not overcook them at this point..
- Drain the noodles and rinse them with cold water to prevent them from sticking together..
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin, 1-inch slices. Place the chicken in a medium bowl. Whisk together the cornstarch with the soy sauce then pour it over the chicken, stirring to coat..
- Heat a wok or large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil then add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook, stirring continuously, for 30 seconds until the garlic is golden brown and fragrant. Add the chicken to the pan (including all liquids), and cook, stirring frequently until it is no longer pink. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of chicken stock at a time to the pan while the chicken is cooking to prevent it from drying out. (You may not use the entire 1/4 cup of chicken stock.).
- Add the noodles to the pan then pour in the prepared sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil, and using two flat spatulas, lift and turn the noodles to combine all of the ingredients. (Don't stir the noodles too vigorously or they'll break.) Continue cooking the noodles for 1 to 2 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly, then add the bean sprouts and cook for 1 more minute. The noodles are fully cooked when they are chewy and no longer crunchy..
- Transfer the noodles to serving dishes and garnish with the sliced carrots, shredded red cabbage, cilantro, scallions, peanuts and lime wedges.