Tripe and Chickpea Stew.
You can cook Tripe and Chickpea Stew using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tripe and Chickpea Stew
- Prepare to taste of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 150 g of chorizo, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
- It’s as needed of Water,.
- It’s 1 tin of chickpeas.
- It’s 250 g of honeycomb tripe.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Ground black pepper.
- It’s to taste of Piri-Piri/chilli.
- It’s of Small handful of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Lemon juice.
Tripe and Chickpea Stew instructions
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced chorizo and fry for a few minutes until the olive oil has absorbed the flavour. Remove the chorizo and set aside..
- Add in the onion and bay leaf to the olive oil. Fry for 1-2 minutes or until translucent..
- Add in the garlic and fry for about a minute or until fragrant (avoid burning the garlic)..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Fry for another 3-4 minutes. Then add the wine and allow it to simmer for 1-2 minutes or until it evaporates.
- Add the carrots and chickpea tin including liquid. Stir occasionally. Cook until the carrots are soft. Add water if it starts to become too dry..
- Add the tripe, salt, pepper and piri-piri to the saucepan and cook for another 10 minutes. Note: The tripe I brought was already cooked so I added it in almost at the end..
- Two minutes before removing from the heat add the chopped parsley and chorizo..
- Plate and sprinkle with lemon juice if using..