You can cook Pad Thai using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pad Thai
- It’s 8 oz of rice noodles.
- Prepare 1 T of tamarind paste.
- You need 1 1/2 T of fish sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 T of sugar.
- Prepare 1 T of lime juice.
- Prepare 4 c of broccoli florets.
- You need 1 of carrot, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 c of canola oil.
- Prepare 2 t of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 t of minced ginger.
- You need 16 of large shrimp, peeled & deveined.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 3 of scallions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 c of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1/3 c of chopped salted peanuts.
- Prepare 3 T of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1 of lime, cut into wedges.
- It’s of Sesame seeds.
- It’s of Red pepper flakes.
Pad Thai instructions
- Place the noodles in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let sit for 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the tamarind paste, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and 1/4 cup water; set aside. Lightly steam the broccoli and carrot; set aside..
- Drain the noodles. Set a wok over high heat for 1 minute, then add the oil and heat until almost smoking. Add the garlic and ginger; sauté for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and sauté until almost cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate, leaving the oil in the pan..
- Add the noodles and stir-fry for 1 minute. Pour in three-quarters of the tamarind sauce and toss to coat the noodles. Add more sauce if needed. Cook until the noodles are al dente, then push them to one side of the wok and scramble the eggs in the remaining space. Add the shrimp, broccoli, carrot, scallions, bean sprouts and half the peanuts. Toss to mix. Divide among 4 plates and garnish with the remaining peanuts, the cilantro, lime wedges, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes..