Hearty Chicken and Potato Curry. This is a great chicken dish with rice or rotti! Its easy to make, just make sure your chicken is bone-in, as this adds flavour!! Try it today and let me.
It's a super simple dish that just so happens to be capable of warming you to. This is a hearty meal of chicken and potatoes simmered with Indian spices, tomatoes, Swiss Chard, and yogurt. The chicken and potatoes definitely soaked up all the spices and they tasted great. You can cook Hearty Chicken and Potato Curry using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hearty Chicken and Potato Curry
- It’s 5 of large chicken breasts, diced.
- It’s 1.25 Kg of Maris piper potatoes, chopped.
- It’s 2 of Large knobs of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, finely diced.
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh grated ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of turmeric.
- You need 2 tbsp of hot chilli powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of hot paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 Kg of passata.
- It’s 800 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s of Small cup of water.
- It’s 3 of red chillies.
- Prepare 1 of lime, juiced.
- You need of Small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Greek yoghurt.
- It’s of To serve.
- It’s of Basmati rice.
- It’s of Naan bread (optional).
- It’s of Greek yoghurt (optional, but encouraged).
The sauce could have been thicker and more flavorful but overall a simple and tasty recipe. This scrumptious bowl of Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chicken Curry will warm you right up on a cold day. When the temps drop and the air becomes frigid, I crave warm, hearty bowls of soup, stews and slow-cooked meals. Tender chicken and potatoes cook in a simple curry sauce for incredible flavor!
Hearty Chicken and Potato Curry step by step
- Start by adding the butter and oil together in a large saucepan, and stir until sizzling.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt, and stir on a medium-low heat, until the onions are soft and brown. Top tip: Freeze your ginger, and grate it while it’s frozen. This makes it easier to grate – as when it isn’t frozen it’s all stringy..
- Once the onions are brown, add the paprika, chilli powder, turmeric and cumin. Stir until it becomes a thick, almost paste like texture, then add a little drop of the water to de-glaze the pan. Stir until everything has become unstuck from the bottom of the saucepan..
- Add the chicken, and bring the heat to a medium-high, and cook until the meat is white all over..
- Add the potatoes then stir. Add the passata, coconut milk and chilli, then leave to simmer for around 45 mins, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are soft..
- Add the lime and coriander, and stir. Once it’s finished, add the yoghurt to give the sauce a creamier texture..
- Serve with fluffy basmati rice and Greek yoghurt..
All the flavors of a delicious and hearty Indian curry made start-to-finish in the Instant Pot! I have been working on an Instant Pot Indian-style curry recipe for a long time! Potato curry or aloo curry recipe stovetop & instant pot instructions. Potato curry is a one pot dish made by simmering potatoes in onion tomato masala along with spices & herbs. You can pretty much use what ever you have in hand and yet make this dish delicious.