Flavourful Egg and Vegetable Wrap.
You can cook Flavourful Egg and Vegetable Wrap using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Flavourful Egg and Vegetable Wrap
- You need of large tortillas.
- You need of lettuce.
- You need of medium carrot.
- You need of small onion (I used white but purple is also fine).
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of medium cucumber.
- You need of small bell pepper (I used green but any colour is fine).
- It’s of large tomatoes.
- You need of shredded cabbage.
- It’s of and 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup + more for assembling.
- It’s of and1/2 tbsp salad cream or mayonnaise + more for assembling.
- Prepare of Salt,.
- It’s of The juice of 1 medium sized lemon.
- It’s of and 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- It’s of hard boiled medium sized eggs or cooked beef or chicken.
Flavourful Egg and Vegetable Wrap instructions
- Prep the vegetables by washing them thoroughly in salted water. Grate the carrot, remove the seeds and dice the tomatoes and bell pepper. Cut up the onions as well and finely dice the garlic or press if you have a garlic press. Put all these in separate bowls (preferably). Mix the cucumber and garlic together at this point to make handling easier..
- Next, pour about a tsp each of both lemon juice and oil on all the vegetables and salt to taste. After, leave for about 5 minutes and then strain all the vegetables except the lettuce so the wrap doesn't turn out soggy. Also in a separate bowl, mix the ketchup and cream or mayo until well combined..
- To assemble, (I assembled mine on my cutting board) microwave the tortillas for about 15 seconds to make them more flexible. Next, brush about 1 and 1/2 tbsp of the ketchup and cream mixture all over the tortilla..
- Then put 1 lettuce in the middle of the tortilla and next pour on a generous amount of cabbage, then tomatoes, followed by half of the eggs/beef/chicken and carrots, then cucumber and garlic and finally some bell peppers and onions and more egg/beef/chicken (this is just the order I like to follow to give you the perfect bite but feel free to switch it up.) You can add fries too. To finish, drizzle on some extra tomato ketchup and salad cream or mayo..
- Then, fold up the wrap by folding the two edges facing you onto the filling, turning the cutting board and then rolling the wrap to form a log, add extra ketchup and cream mixture to help the wrap to stick if necessary. Lastly heat up a non-stick pan on medium low heat and char in the pan for a few seconds, turning frequently to avoid burning. Enjoy!.