Flavourful cod with carrot's crust.. Grease a Melt the butter and dip one side of each cod fillet into it. Spread a thin layer of creamed horseradish over the buttered side, then press this side of the fish. This colourful marinated black cod recipe gains its vibrant colour from carrot juice.
In our house, Middle School Guy was actually the biggest fan of this easy almond crusted cod recipe… although he says he'd prefer his sans spinach. For this flavorful dish, you'll top flaky cod with layers of smooth dijon and a bright, crunchy mix of breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic, and lemon juice, then roast it in the oven to achieve a beautifully golden brown crust. It's all complete with two simple, vivid sides of roasted purple potatoes and a crisp red. You can cook Flavourful cod with carrot's crust. using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Flavourful cod with carrot's crust.
- You need of fillet of fresh cod.
- It’s of carrots (grated).
- You need of oatmeal flakes.
- Prepare of eggs.
- It’s of flour.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- You need of chopped parsley.
- You need of vegetable oil.
They both belong to the cod family but are much cheaper and available in larger supermarkets or fishmongers. Do not use creamed horseradish or horseradish sauce with the cod as it can be high in fat. If you cannot find fresh horseradish, use fresh ginger instead. Cod's mild flavor gets a boost from a crunchy, nutty breadcrumb crust.
Flavourful cod with carrot's crust. instructions
- Cut the cod in 4 pieces about the same size and season with salt and pepper..
- Grate the carrots, chop the parsley and put into a bowl. Add the oatmeal and the eggs. Mix until the eggs are integrated..
- Add the flour to make a batter and mix until there are no flour lumps and it's all fully mixed..
- Put the carrot and egg mixture on top of the fillets. Heat some oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot add the fillets, the mix on top, settle the stove on low-temperature anc cover the pan with a lid. In about 10 minutes it should be done..
If you don't have pistachios, you can substitute other nuts, just be sure to pick meaty, flavorful nuts, like walnuts or pecans. Cod's mild flavor gets a boost from a crunchy, nutty breadcrumb crust. Try this aromatic coconut-crusted cod served with a crisp raw carrot salad for a colourful tropical dinner. See more Cod recipes at Tesco Real Food. Meanwhile, make the dressing by mixing the red chilli, vinegar, sesame oil and fish sauce in a bowl.