Steam-Fried Pork Belly & Cabbage. Stuffed Fat Pork Belly the Italian Way. In this awesome bao recipe, crispy fried pork belly, a sweet and spicy honey-sriracha sauce, chopped peanuts, and soy sauce glazed brussels sprouts are packed into a light and airy steamed bun. (Oh, and FYI, I've written this recipe as if you've got frozen steamed buns on hand – However, if you dare to. An airy Chinease steam bun filled with pork belly thats been seasoned with pink sea salt, baby sprig mix and korean bbq sauce.
Mix all of the ingredients for the pork together, rubbing the marinade into the belly. Lay it in a deep roasting tray and cover with foil before Serve with some sweet chilli sauce and optional stir-fried Chinese greens. Chinese-style pork belly steamed in a bowl with pickles and chilies until tender. You can have Steam-Fried Pork Belly & Cabbage using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steam-Fried Pork Belly & Cabbage
- You need 200 g of thinly sliced Pork Belly.
- It’s of Salt & White Pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil OR Oil of your choice.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- You need of *Note: Garlic can be replaced with Ginger depending on your preference.
- Prepare 150 g of (2 to 3 large leaves) Cabbage *cut into chunky pieces.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Potato Starch *mixed with 2 teaspoons Water.
- It’s 1 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chicken Stock *OR 1/2 cup Water & 1/2 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Sake (Rice Wine).
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Salt *alter the amount depending on the saltiness of the stock.
- You need of White Pepper.
Pork belly is the star of the show here. It's hand-chopped, delicately piled into sheets of handmade dough, and folded into pouches as pleasant to look at as they are to eat. Browned butter brings an extra layer of flavor, but the cherry on top comes in the form of fried shallots. In Australia, we love pork belly roasted with crispy crackling or braised, sliced and stuffed into steamed buns.
Steam-Fried Pork Belly & Cabbage instructions
- Cut thinly sliced Pork Belly into the size that is easy to eat. Lightly season with Salt and White Pepper..
- Combine all the sauce ingredients. *Note: Alter the amount of Salt depending on the saltiness of the stock..
- Heat Oil and Garlic in a frying pan over medium to low heat. When it is aromatic, add the sauce. Arrange Cabbage pieces and place Pork slices on top..
- Cover with a lid and bring to the boil over medium heat. Cook until Cabbage is soft..
- In a small bowl, mix Potato Starch (OR Corn Starch) and Water, and drizzle it over and stir to combine well. Sprinkle with Spring Onion and enjoy with freshly cooked rice..
But pan-frying also leaves it flavourful and moist. Here's a pork belly recipe that's ready in minutes. Place pork into a bowl, cover with water and refrigerate overnight. Line a bamboo or metal steamer insert with reserved cabbage leaves, and place pork belly atop cabbage. If using a bamboo steamer, fill a pot with the same dimensions as.