Sayadiyat_samak (fish with rice). Forgot to mention to use the rest of the fried onions as garnishing when serving. Try out the recipe yourself and hope you enjoyed it. Any white, firm fish can be used for this dish.
Mutabbaq samak: Kuwaiti fish & rice. The rice is cooked separately, and it is often enriched with turmeric, onions, garlic, sumac, and parsley. The fish is always served on top of the rice, and the whole dish is usually garnished with fresh herbs, as well as raisins and Type the name of the city or region where you want to eat Mutabbaq samak. You can have Sayadiyat_samak (fish with rice) using 26 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sayadiyat_samak (fish with rice)
- Prepare 1 kg of whole fish(approximately in weight).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried coriander.
- You need 1/2 tsp of spices.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 cups of oil.
- You need 3 cups of basmati rice.
- It’s 5 cups of broth.
- Prepare of Ingredients for decorating:.
- You need of Roasted almonds and pine nuts.
- You need of Broth ingredients:.
- You need 1 kg of onions.
- Prepare of oil (Enough quantity of oil that was used to fry the fish).
- Prepare of This will also be needed for the onions.
- Prepare 7 cups of water.
- You need 1 tbs of salt.
- You need 1/2 spoon of dried coriander.
- It’s 1/2 spoon of cumin grounded.
- You need of Side dish for the sayadiya.
- You need of Tahini sauce (sesame paste sauce).
- It’s 1/2 cup of sesame paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic (1tsp).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Saiyadit al-Samak – Lebanese Baked Fish With Rice. Fish with Tahini is easy and perfect for the seafood lover! It is called Samak Bi Tahini in Arabic and is a It is called samak bi tahini in Arabic and is a local favorite in many Middle Eastern regions. Serve immediately or place in refrigerator and serve cold.
Sayadiyat_samak (fish with rice) step by step
- Fish preparation: -Clean the fish, rinse it off well.
- Cut fish into medium pieces.
- Marinade fish with half tsp of the salt, coriander and cumin.
- Deep fry the fish in hot oil, until golden.
- Drain the fish and remove the bones, and the head of the fish.
- Broth preparation: -Cut the onions into thin slices.
- Turn on the heat, add enough quantity of the fish oil. Add the onions and fry until they brown.
- Remove the onions and place in a pot with the fish head,bones, 7 cups of water,cumin and coriander. Allow to boil..
- Leave on the heat until you have approximately 5 cups of soup remaining.
- Remove the bones from the broth.
- Rice preparation: -Wash the rice and soak for 10 minutes, then drain.
- In a appropriate pot, add the rice and 5 cups of the hot broth that was prepared earlier.
- Allow the rice to boil. Cover the pot and leave for 20-25 minutes until rice has cooked.
- Remove the rice and serve on a plate, lay the fish on top along with the roasted nuts.
- To prepare the sauce -In a bowl, mix the the sesame paste,lemon and water until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add the crushed garlic, salt and the crushed walnuts.
- Mix all the ingredients..
- Pour in a pot and heat until it starts to boil. Turn off the heat and serve.
- Made by: Mirvat falah.
Serve fish with tahini with white rice and lemon. Fish rice recipe – A simple rice & fish recipe for beginners using basic ingredients. This fish rice is one of our most loved ways to whip up a seafood This fish rice tastes delicious and can be served with a vegetable salad or just onion, cucumber and carrot slices. I had made this with half a kg of fish. Recipes >> Munawer Latif Recipes > Samak harra (Lebanese Chilli Fish) by Munawer Latif.