Lentil & whey curry (Perfect Cooker recipe). Перевод слова lentil, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция lentil beetle — чечевичная зерновка lentil head — чечевицеобразная головка; линзообразная головка. Lentils are edible seeds from the legume family. They're well known for their lens shape and sold with or This article tells you everything about lentils, their nutrition, benefits and how to cook them.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Словосочетания. lentil beetle. чечевичная зерновка. lentil. noun. From Middle English lentile, from Old French lentille from Latin lenticula, diminutive of lēns, from a Proto-Indo-European root shared by German Linse and Ancient Greek λάθυρος (láthuros). Lentils are consumed much more often in Asian countries, particularly India. You can have Lentil & whey curry (Perfect Cooker recipe) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil & whey curry (Perfect Cooker recipe)
- You need of sprinkle of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red lentils.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, pressed or chopped into small pieces.
- You need 1/2 of medium sized onion, sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whey (or stock/water).
- It’s 1 tsp of white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar).
- You need 1/2 of medium carrot, sliced in fairly thick pieces.
- It’s 1/2 of red pepper, sliced.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
India has the largest number of vegetarians and lentils can be a substitute for meat in supplying the required protein. Lentils grow in pods, making them part of the legume family along with beans Inexpensive lentils add flavor, bulk, and nutrition at breakfast, lunch, and dinner to a wide range of. Lentils are legumes that provide essential folate in pregnancy, may support heart health, and improve immune response to infection, among other benefits. A leguminous plant native to southwest Asia, having flat pods containing lens-shaped.
Lentil & whey curry (Perfect Cooker recipe) step by step
- Coat the Perfect Cooker cup with a sprinkle of olive oil.
- Put the lentils in the Perfect Cooker pot with the garlic, onion, coconut and spices..
- Add the whey (or other liquid, which could be any flavour of stock or other cooking liquid). I made cheese at the weekend, so have quite a lot of whey left over, so I used whey in the recipe tonight instead of my usual chicken stock. The whey adds a much sweeter flavour, and the white wine vinegar complements this to produce a balanced sweet and sour flavour..
- Layer the vegetables on top – I used carrot and pepper tonight. Carrot works particularly well in this, producing a really sweet taste. The texture of carrot remains if you chop these roughly rather than into think slices..
- You can also add some meat, such as slices of ham or chorizo, but I prefer this as a vegetarian dish..
- That's it – press "cook" on the Perfect Cooker..
- You can leave it to complete cooking undisturbed, but I generally give it a stir after about 10 minutes to stop lentils sticking to the bottom..
- Spoon on to a plate/bowl top serve..
- Optionally, add yoghurt and spinach leaves on top..
Lentil definition: Lentils are the seeds of a lentil plant. They are usually dried and are used to make. Lentil, small annual legume of the pea family and its nutritious edible seed. Lentils are rich in protein and dietary fiber and are one of the most ancient cultivated foods. Wikipedia Article About Lentil on Wikipedia.